Tranquil Rains Pack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the members of the WolfQuest pack, The Tranquil Rains Pack. Here is the link if you are interested in joining: http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=44660

5 posters

The Pack Lands

Lyra
    Lyra
    Admin

The Pack Lands Empty The Pack Lands

Post  Lyra Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:37 pm

The Tranquil Rains Territory

The Pack Lands Bigsto12

Far across the land, a deep, dark, and peaceful wood awaits. And nestled deep in this quiet forest, past bright meadows and majestic mountains, lies a wolf pack. A wolf pack unlike any other.

Leaves, sparkling with dew from recent spring rains, rustle in the wind, overdue raindrops cascading downwards. The drops hit the leaf carpet below, each different in pitch. Put together, they almost make a melody. The warm winds from the south harmonize with the water drops, complicating the tune further. A distant howl or two is heard from the elusive residents of this euphonious forest. This is the symphony of the Tranquil Rains.

Scattered about the woods, the wolves of the Tranquil Rains Pack awaken to the sun. A new spring day brings new members, new aromas, new sights, and new ideas. And most importantly, peace and tranquility.

(Just to make it clear, you must introduce yourself to the alpha formally and they can accept you as a member.)

Nitta
    Nitta

The Pack Lands Empty Re: The Pack Lands

Post  Nitta Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:28 pm

Nitta pads into the territory. "hello anyone here" she howls.

( sorry if my words are not good)
    Lyra
    Lyra
    Admin

Post  Lyra Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:50 pm

(It's fine)

Lyra blinked slowly and opened her eyes. The world was bright and the sun had already risen. The female sat up and shook her head a bit, chasing away the dreams of the lonely night before. Putting her front paws in front of her, Lyra stretched into bow position. But suddenly she froze, smelling a new scent. Loner. On cue, Lyra's ears perked as she heard a howl. Jumping up, the fae started to sprint towards the sound. She knew this territory like the back of her paw. Weaving in and out of the trees, she finally saw a lone wolf in a clearing of the woods on the edge of her territory. Growling a low growl, she pounced into the clearing, eyes glowering at the wolf. "Who are you and what do you want? You are on my territory, loner." Lyra said with gritted teeth. Her ears back and teeth bared, she waited for a response from the female.
    Nitta
    Nitta

Post  Nitta Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:55 pm

" my name is Nitta and i am not her to hurt you im here to look for a pack to join " she barks at the female.
    Lyra
    Lyra
    Admin

Post  Lyra Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:38 pm

(Please use 3rd person Nitta. And try to be a bit more grammatically correct. Thanks!)

Lyra's brown eyes narrowed at the femme. She walked in a circle around Nitta, inspecting her. She was thinking as well. I've been alone for a while...I guess it's about time some loner wandered in. But can I run a pack? Lyra already knew the answer. "Alright Nitta," she said, sitting down in front of her, "I am Lyra, your alpha, fearless leader, blah blah blah. I don't really have a pack yet. You would be my first member. What are your talents? If you have any." Lyra was a bit harsh with the new female, but she needed to put her in her place.
    Fallen
    Fallen

Post  Fallen Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:03 am

Fallen slowly walked through the forest, his auds perked and his orbs carefully scanning his surroundings. He raised his jowls to the sky, his nostrils picking up various scents, both of prey and predators. A particular scent got his attention the scent of other wolves nearby.
    Starfire
    Starfire

Post  Starfire Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:11 am

*Steps into wolf territory howls to let the alpha know were I am and Know someone has stepped into there territory**thinks maybe i can finally have a meaning for life to have an pack and to fight off enemies and other rival packs maybe i can join this pack*
    Kiba
    Kiba

Location : The land of blood and gore and death. =D It is called Morbid Land.

Post  Kiba Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:41 am

The rather slender and tall male wolf with an auburn, tan and black pelt wandered into the land, his name was Kiba. He searched through the underbrush with his ears flattened and tail parallel to the ground. Kiba halted and sat to pick up scent. His nose picked up several scents, that of females and that of a male.

His tongue flicked out as he started to stand on his long legs.

A pack..? Eh, interesting... un... He thought as he started to run towards the most dominant-smelling scent. Kiba's pelt shined in the lighting and he had spotted two females.

One looked and smelled dominant, and she had the energy of a dominant wolf. The dominant female was an orange-russet tone that faded into a creamy-tan color, soon ending with a milky white as it reached her undersides. Her eyes were a golden-brown color. She was finely structured, muscles were strong, legs were long, she was a slender wolf.

The other seemed to be that of a lesser, she was grey-furred. Silver was mixed throughout the edged of the grey in her pelt. Charcoal and black seemed to tint her back. Her muscles were nicely structured, a good sign of a great hunter. White was mixed into her coat on the undersides. An interesting duo... hm...

Kiba knew what to do, he was a lower wolf, and has been for a long time, and therefore, should submit when expected to do so.

He thought about joining her, if possible, and he decided that he would join. He crouched and lowered his head, ears flattened and tail tucked in respect.

"If possible, could I join your pack.. un? I have been searching for a pack quite a while now...un..."er spoke, respect was marked into his voice heavily, like it was a drenched towel.
    Lyra
    Lyra
    Admin

Post  Lyra Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:27 pm

Lyra's ears perked hearing a howl. She sniffed, smelling the distinct scent of male and female loners. Hearing paws hitting the ground, Lyra waited patiently for the male to show himself. A blur ran into the clearing. Then standing there was a tall, slender male. His coat was shades of brown and black. Lyra watched with cold, calculating eyes as the male, showing heavy signs of respect, requested to join her pack. My pack....Hmm. I guess I have one, don't I? Well he seems respectable enough. I might as well let him. "You seem to be a good wolf. Alright. But I believe I do not know your name. I'm Lyra, your new alpha. Once the other loners on my territory show themselves and we decide who is in my new pack, I will debrief you all. As for now what are your talents? I need to determine your rank. You look like more of a runner to me." Lyra stared intensely at the male.
    Fallen
    Fallen

Post  Fallen Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:19 pm

Fallen flicked his aud, his optcals shifted, now focusing on a slender brute that came into the small clearing where the two faes stood. He quietly stepped out to reveal himself, his orbs held a calm expression as he watched each wolf carefully. Noticing the dominant fae by the way the other brute praised her, Fallen dipped his cranium slightly in respect before speaking to the dominant, "May I join your pack as well?".
    Lyra
    Lyra
    Admin

Post  Lyra Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:24 pm

Lyra's eyes flicked over to a black and white male, bowing his head in respect. Geez, a busy day...Well I'm not one to turn a wolf down. She addressed the male in a reluctant, authoritative tone, "If you must. I am Lyra. I will debrief you all once the last loner shows her face. What are your strengths and weaknesses? I need to find a rank for you." She sighed. Repeating the same speech got tedious. Lyra sat down on the, wondering how she got from a loner to an alpha before the sun was even halfway through the sky. Was she even alpha material? Can I really be responsible for all these wolves?
    Fallen
    Fallen

Post  Fallen Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:30 pm

He lowered his frame onto his haunches. His opticals focused on Lyra for a moment before drifting off and looking at the trees. "I'm Fallen, my strengths is defending and fighting.". He arched his nape as he looked over towards the others for a moment studing them. He got up and shook his derma before sitting back down. "I'm not much of a quick runner though, so I'm not one who would be best for chasing down prey, maybe ambushing but not chasing down.". He flicked his tassle around his hind pillars as he looked back at her.
    Lyra
    Lyra
    Admin

Post  Lyra Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:56 pm

Lyra peered at the male, "You sound like a sentinel to me, Fallen. How would you like to be a guard of this pack. You must be very loyal and brave, wiling to sacrifice yourself for the pack mates. Can you do that?" She stared intensely at Fallen, questioning him with her golden brown eyes.
    Kiba
    Kiba

Post  Kiba Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:16 am

"My name is Kiba, I am talented in running and I am also a skilled fighter...un.. I enjoy running, I am also very intelligent. Though, I'm easy to talk into doing stuff when offered something desired or enjoyed...un..." The lean wolf said as he reclined to his haunches, sitting.

His tail rolled onto his paws and his narrow muzzle lowered, pointing to the ground. Kiba looked to the white wolf next to him, he twitched and narrowed his eyes. Kiba disliked white wolves, especially the ones with blue eyes, they seem to all be the same. He turned his attention back to the Alphess, awaiting her response.
    Lyra
    Lyra
    Admin

Post  Lyra Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:30 am

"Well Kiba, I think scout would be a great role for you. You get to watch over the pack's territory, looking for loners and trespassers. Lots of running involved." Lyra watched the wolf intently.

(eh sucky post)
    Starfire
    Starfire

Post  Starfire Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:58 am

*sniffs the air two males and 1 female I follow the smells and see three wolves* *Hides in the bushes next to them waiting for the right moment to join* *walks a little closer and steps on a twig that makes an loud snap sound* *thinks oh no they might kill me* *Puts ears back*
    Kiba
    Kiba

Post  Kiba Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:06 am

"I will work hard in my position...un," Kiba said while bowing to the dominant wolf, "I shall carry out my duties now."

Kiba made a 'humph' sound and ran off with his muzzle high in the air, smelling the air. He had just caught wind of a coyote, and ran after the scent. He saw a young coyote with three pups rest inside a poorly crafted burrow. The russet wolf dug up the burrow and removed the mother coyote from her cubs.

The animals snapped its jaws in an attempt to attack Kiba, but Kiba put the animal to rest with a good strike to the jugular vein. Kiba took the coyote pups and killed them quickly, quickly enough so it's painless.
    Lyra
    Lyra
    Admin

Post  Lyra Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:04 pm

(Starfire, if you would, please write in past tense, 1st person, and full sentences, like I do. Did you read the rules?)

Lyra watched as the russet brute ran off. A warm breeze blew, and Lyra's ears perked. She smelled a female nearby. "Show yourself!" she said forcefully, addressing the fae in hiding. She growled bit, but then backed off, realizing the wolf may be scared. Lyra's hair still stood on end though.
    Nitta
    Nitta

Post  Nitta Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:52 pm

"I can run fast and im strong" she says and looks at the other wolves. she sits there waiting for a reply.
    Kiba
    Kiba

Post  Kiba Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:29 pm

Kiba picked up the coyote's corpse and buried it, he found no need to bury the offspring. They would decay faster due to their small size. The wolf scratched the dirt with his paws and looked at the dusty-colored coyotes, he ran back to his leader. He looked about, flaring his nostrils to pick up scent.

His nose had caught the scent of two loners, one nearby and the other far. He could tell that the leader female know about them, so he didn't say or do anything.
    Nitta
    Nitta

Post  Nitta Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:34 pm

Nitta looks at the brown wolf "hi whats your name?" she asks Kiba
    Kiba
    Kiba

Post  Kiba Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:45 pm

"Tell me your name first...un." Kiba said while looking at the gray-furred wolf he had seen earlier. His black-tipped ears held forward, his tail moved to his paws and covered them.
    Lyra
    Lyra
    Admin

Post  Lyra Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:47 pm

(Nitta, if you could please write in past tense. Thanks)

Lyra looked at the femme, listening patiently. "You would make a good hunter." she spoke in a formal tone.
    Nitta
    Nitta

Post  Nitta Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:51 pm

Nitta wags her tail happy and walks away .She perks her ears. she growls sniffing the air.
    Kiba
    Kiba

Post  Kiba Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:36 pm

Kiba laid sphinx-like. His ears were pricked forward and he sniffed the air, hungry. The tall wolf stood up and sniffed more, catching the scent of a young deer. He woofed, "I'm going to hunt..un.."

Kiba took off after the scent and saw the young deer resting. The deer was alone from its mother, eating grass. Kiba crouched and pounced towards the animal. He bit its hip and shook his head, tearing the flesh.

He started to kill the animal shortly, and was tired when the hunt was over. He howled to announce his kill.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 7:31 am